An easy DIY project that makes a huge difference, taking a standard Ikea dresser to a custom piece. And you can do it all yourself! We believe in you!
Custom furnishings are perfect (obviously) but pricey and unless you’re a buzz saw pro, they don’t exactly fit into the DIY category. Fortunately for you (and us!) our designers are clever, innovative and really good at using power tools. For this Homepolish Handbook, our designer Casey DeBois transformed her regular ol’ dresser with paint, stain and some cute drawer pulls. Start the slideshow to read her instructions.
What you’ll need, according to Casey:
1. Plain dresser (or similar): I used the Tarva 3-drawer dresser from Ikea
2. Wood Stain Finish. I used this one from Minwax in Dark Walnut
3. Benjamin Moore Super Spec Paint in White (semi-gloss finish)
5. Minwax Water-Based Wipe-On Poly (matte)
6. Small brush and paint roller